All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book intends to provide a theoretical overview of examining candidates' oral abilities in different examination formats. In particular, it explores specific partner effects on discourse outcomes and proficiency ratings in the framework of paired-task performance. Two investigations, both set in the context of a proposed Hungarian school leaving examination in English, were carried out in order to contribute to a better understanding of the assumed impact of the chosen variables. Study One investigates discourse differences between examiner-to-examinee interaction and peer-to-peer interaction. Study Two explores the impact of the peer partner's proficiency. The results show that partner effects related to this variable cant be predicted as either harmful or beneficial since statistically significant difference was found between 30 candidates' scores in different examination conditions.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ildiko Csepes is Assistant Professor at the Department of English Language Learning and Teaching at the University of Debrecen (Hungary). She was involved in the Hungarian Examinations Reform Teacher Support Project of the British Council. The author is currently a member of the National Board for Accrediting Foreign Language Examinations, an expert committee working for the Hungarian Educational Authority.
- Author(s)Ildiko Csepes
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- Series TitleLanguage Testing and Evaluation
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note65, 5 fig., 60 tables
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.