Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, a commitment to increased accountability and improved performance has become essential in both governmental agencies and nprofit organizations. To help managers and executives in their ongoing quest for greater accountability and improved performance Theodore H. Poister, offers a comprehensive resource for designing and implementing effective performance measurement systems at the agency level. The ideas, tools, and processes in this vital resource will help organizations develop measurement systems to support such results oriented management approaches as strategic management, results based budgeting, performance management, process improvement, performance contracting, and employee incentive systems. Using this book as a guide, public and nprofit organizations can accurately measure outputs, efficiency, productivity, effectiveness, service quality, and customer satisfaction, and use the resulting data to strengthen decision making and improve agency and program performance.
- Author BiographyTheodore H. Poister is professor of public administration at Georgia State University, where he specializes in public management and applied research methods. He is the author of four books and numerous journal articles and has been involved in performance measurement projects with a number of state agencies in Pennsylvania and Georgia, various local governments and nonprofit organizations, and the Transportation Research Board.
- Author(s)Theodore H. Poister
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date06/11/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight685 g
- Width184 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.