All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThirty-eight photographs by Ralph Meatyard, an important if often-overlooked American photographer, provide an intimate look at the private life of one of the most rewned and influential spiritual thinkers of the 20th century in the last two years before his death. Excerpts from Thomas Merton's own journals serve as captions to the images, offering a profound emotional context.<br><br>Also included are eight previously unreleased pieces of Merton's own stunning calligraphic art, as well as essays by Roger Lipsey, an expert on Merton's art; Chris Meatyard, the photographer's son; and Stephen Reily, who discusses the close relationship between the photographer and the spiritual teacher.
- Author Biography<strong>Ralph Eugene Meatyard</strong> was an American photographer best known for the incorporation of dolls and masks in his work.<br><br><strong>Thomas Merton</strong> was a writer, mystic, and Trappist monk. He is best known for his autobiography, <em>The Seven Storey Mountain</em>.
- Author(s)Thomas Merton
- PublisherFons Vitae,US
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- Series TitleThe Fons Vitae Thomas Merton Series
- Place of PublicationKentucky
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFons Vitae,US
- Content Note30 photogprahs and 8 calligraphies
- Weight295 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.