About this product
- DescriptionMECHANICAL DESIGN is an attempt to introduce the students of mechanical engineering to the total process of designing an engineering product that is to be manufactured. Text books on engineering design generally lay more stress on the invative and the synthesising aspects of design than on its physical realisation. The product need t necessarily be invative, but it should be acceptable to the user. Any single component needs to be treated as a part of the product/system to which it belongs - shape and dimension wise, performance wise, cost wise. Nowadays, the access to data/kwledge is greatly facilitated through the internet in addition to Publications. A large variety of computer software is available to carry out analysis, drafting and visualisation. The practical aspects of designing a product are briefly traced from the arisal of its need to the preparation of the design documents that are necessary for its manufacture. Simple examples are given to aid the understanding of the design process. Barring a few exceptions, the engineering community avoids design and development of mechanical equipment and components - the engineering scientist as well as the practising engineer. The purpose of the book is to present in simple language the design of mechanical systems and equipment as the key activity in a flourishing manufacturing industry.
- Author(s)M. A. Parameswaran
- PublisherAlpha Science International Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlpha Science International Ltd
- Width185 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.