All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA student-friendly introduction to core engineering topics This book introduces mechanical principles and techlogy through examples and applications, enabling students to develop a sound understanding of both engineering principles and their use in practice. These theoretical concepts are supported by 400 fully worked problems, 700 further problems with answers, and 300 multiple-choice questions, all of which add up to give the reader a firm grounding on each topic. The new edition is up to date with the latest BTEC National specifications and can also be used on undergraduate courses in mechanical, civil, structural, aeronautical and marine engineering, together with naval architecture. A further chapter has been added on revisionary mathematics, since progress in engineering studies is t possible without some basic mathematics kwledge. Further worked problems have also been added throughout the text. * New chapter on revisionary mathematics * Student-friendly approach with numerous worked problems, multiple-choice and short-answer questions, exercises, revision tests and nearly 400 diagrams * Supported with free online material for students and lecturers Readers will also be able to access the free companion website at: www.routledge.com/cw/bird where they will find videos of practical demonstrations by Carl Ross. Full worked solutions of all 700 of the further problems will be available for both lecturers and students for the first time.
- Author BiographyJohn Bird is the former Head of Applied Electronics in the Faculty of Technology at Highbury College, Portsmouth, UK. More recently, he has combined freelance lecturing at the University of Portsmouth, with Examiner responsibilities for Advanced Mathematics with City & Guilds, and examining for the International Baccalaureate Organisation. He is the author of some 125 textbooks on engineering and mathematical subjects with worldwide sales approaching 1 million copies. He is currently a Senior Training Provider at the Royal Naval School of Marine Engineering in the Defence College of Marine and Air Engineering at H.M.S. Sultan, Gosport, Hampshire, UK. Carl Ross gained his first degree in Naval Architecture, from King's College, Durham University, UK; his PhD in Structural Engineering from the Victoria University of Manchester; and was awarded his DSc in Ocean Engineering from the CNAA, London, UK. His research in the field of engineering led to advances in the design of submarine pressure hulls. His publications to date exceed some 290 papers and books and he is Professor of Structural Dynamics at the University of Portsmouth, UK.
- Author(s)Carl Ross,John Bird
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note383 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight975 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.