All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his revision of Mechanics for Engineers, 13e, SI Edition, R.C. Hibbeler empowers students to succeed in the whole learning experience. Hibbeler achieves this by calling on his everyday classroom experience and his kwledge of how students learn inside and outside of lectures. MasteringEngineering SI, the most techlogically advanced online tutorial and homework system available, can be packaged with this edition.
- Author BiographyR.C. Hibbeler graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana with a BS in Civil Engineering (major in Structures) and an MS in Nuclear Engineering. He obtained his PhD in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from Northwestern University. His professional experience includes postdoctoral work in reactor safety and analysis at Argonne National Laboratory, and structural work at Chicago Bridge and Iron, as well as Sargent and Lundy in Chicago. He has practiced engineering in Ohio, New York, and Louisiana. He is a Professor at the University of Louisiana, Lafayette, where he teaches courses in civil and mechanical engineering. In the past, he has taught at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign, Youngstown State University, Illinois Institute of Technology, and Union College. Kai Beng Yap is currently a registered Professional Engineer who works in Malaysia. He has BS and MS degrees in Civil Engineering from the University of Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana; and he has done further graduate work at Virginia Polytechnic Institute in Blacksberg, Virginia. His professional experience has involved teaching at the University of Louisiana, and doing engineering consulting work related to structural analysis and design and its associated infrastructure. About the Adaptor Sau Cheong Fan, from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, received his PhD from the University of Hong Kong. Professor Fan is also Deputy Director, Centre for Advanced Numerical Engineering Simulations (CANES) at NTU. His industrial experience includes work and research in bridges, tall buildings, shell structures, jetties, pavements, cable structures, glass diaphragm walls. Professor Fan was also the adaptor for the 5th and 6th SI editions of Hibbeler's Mechanics of Materials, and the 12th SI edition of Hibbeler's Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics.
- Author(s)Kai Beng Yap,Russell C. Hibbeler
- PublisherPearson Education Centre
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintPearson Education Centre
- Out-of-print date24/03/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations,strationsstrations
- Weight1056 g
- Width202 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementSI ed of 13th revised ed
Most relevant reviews
- generalstubbs18 Sep, 2014by
Excellent text book for those learning statics.
I bought this product as part of my engineering course at uni and it was very helpful. Be sure to buy the study guide as well. It is very helpful in understanding free-body diagrams.
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.