All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionMechanics and Control of Soft-fingered Manipulation introduces a new approach to the modeling of fingertips that have a soft pad and a hard back plate, similar to human fingers. Starting from the observation of soft-fingered grasping and manipulation, the book provides a parallel distributed model that takes into account tangential deformation of the fingertips. The model is supported with many experimental verifications and simulation results. Statics and dynamics in soft-fingered grasping and manipulation are also formulated based on this new model. The book uniquely investigates how soft fingertips with hard back plates enhance dexterity in grasping and manipulation, theoretically and experimentally, revealing the differences between soft-fingered and rigid-fingered manipulation. Researchers involved in object manipulation by robotic hands, as well as in human dexterity in object manipulation, will find this text enlightening.
- Author BiographyTakahiro Inoue received his MSc and PhD degrees from Ritsumeikan University, Japan. He has received funding from the Japan Society of the Promotion of Science and his current research interests include soft-fingered manipulation, soft object modeling, and MEMS technology. Shinichi Hirai received his BSc, MSc and doctoral degrees from Kyoto University. He is now a professor in the Department of Robotics at Ritsumeikan University. His previous positions include visiting researcher at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and assistant professor at Osaka University. His current research interests are the modeling and control of deformable structures, real-time computer vision, and soft-fingered manipulation.
- Author(s)Shinichi Hirai,Takahiro Inoue
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight375 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.