CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book published in the Beer and Johnston Series, Mechanics for Engineers: Dynamics is a scalar-based introductory dynamics text providing first-rate treatment of rigid bodies without vector mechanics. This new edition provides an extensive selection of new problems and end-of-chapter summaries. The text brings the careful presentation of content, unmatched levels of accuracy, and attention to detail that have made Beer and Johnston texts the standard for excellence in engineering mechanics education.
- Author BiographyBorn in France and educated in France and Switzerland, Ferd held an M.S. degree from the Sorbonne and an Sc.D. degree in theoretical mechanics from the University of Geneva. He came to the United States after serving in the French army during the early part of World War II and had taught for four years at Williams College in the Williams-MIT joint arts and engineering program. Following his service at Williams College, Ferd joined the faculty of Lehigh University where he taught for thirty-seven years. He held several positions, including the University Distinguished Professors Chair and Chairman of the Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics Department, and in 1995 Ferd was awarded an honorary Doctor of Engineering degree by Lehigh University. Born in Philadelphia, Russ holds a B.S. degree in civil engineering from the University of Delaware and an Sc.D. degree in the field of structural engineering from The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He taught at Lehigh University and Worchester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) before joining the faculty of the University of Connecticut where he held the position of Chairman of the Civil Engineering Department and taught for twenty-six years. In 1991 Russ received the Outstanding Civil Engineer Award from the Connecticut Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Author(s)E. Russell Johnston,Ferdinand P. Beer,Ralph E. Flori
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures
- Weight1004 g
- Width215 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.