Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionResearch on bone remodeling has resulted in much new information and has led to improvements in design and biomedical practices. Mechanics of Cellular Bone Remodeling: Coupled Thermal, Electrical, and Mechanical Field Effects presents a unified exploration of recent advances, giving readers a sound understanding of bone remodeling and its mathematical representation. Beginning with a description of the basic concept of bone remodeling from a mathematical point of view, the book details the development of each of the techniques and ideas. From there it progresses to the derivation and construction of multifield and cellular bone remodeling and shows how they arise naturally in response to external multifield loads. Topics include: * Fundamental concepts and basic formulations for bone remodeling * Applications of formulations to multifield internal bone remodeling of inhomogeneous long cylindrical bone * Theory and solution of multifield surface bone remodeling * A hypothetical regulation mechanism on growth factors for bone modeling and remodeling under multifield loading * The RANK-RANKL-OPG pathway and formulation for analyzing the bone remodeling process * A model of bone cell population dynamics for cortical bone remodeling under mechanical and pulsed electromagnetic stimulus * Recent developments in experiments with bone materials Readers will benefit from the thorough coverage of general principles for each topic, followed by detailed mathematical derivations and worked examples, as well as tables and figures where appropriate. The book t only serves as a reliable reference but is also destined to attract interested readers and researchers to a field that offers fascinating and techlogically important challenges.
- Author BiographyQing-Hua Qin received his bachelor of engineering degree in mechanical engineering from Chang An University, China in 1982, and his master of science and Ph.D. degrees in applied mechanics from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China in 1984 and 1990, respectively. He is currently working as a professor in the Research School of Engineering at the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia. He was appointed a guest professor at HUST in 2000 and was a recipient of the J. G. Russell Award from the Australian Academy of Science. He has published over 200 journal papers and 6 monographs.
- Author(s)Qing-Hua Qin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.