All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionElasticity, plasticity, damage mechanics and cracking are all phemena which determine the resistance of solids to deformation and fracture. The authors of this book discuss a modern method of mathematically modelling the behaviour of macroscopic volume elements. The book is self-contained and the first three chapters review physical mechanisms at the microstructural level, thermodynamics of irreversible processes, mechanics of continuous media, and the classification of the behaviour of solids. The rest of the book is devoted to the modelling of different types of material behaviour. In each case the authors present characteristic data for numerous materials, and discuss the physics underlying the phemena together with methods for the numerical analysis of the resulting equations.
- Author(s)Jean Lemaitre,Jean-Louis Chaboche
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/02/1990
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note247 b/w illus.
- Weight1020 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Translated byB. Shrivastava
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.