All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionMechachemistry as a branch of solid state chemistry enquires into processes which proceed in solids due to the application of mechanical energy. This provides a thorough, up to date overview of mechachemistry of solids and minerals. Applications of mechachemistry in nascience with special impact on nageoscience are described. Selected advanced identification methods, most frequently applied in nascience, are described as well as the advantage of mechachemical approach in minerals engineering. Examples of industrial applications are given. Mechachemical techlogy is being applied in many industrial fields: powder metallurgy (synthesis of nametals, alloys and nacompounds), building industry (activation of cements), chemical industry (solid waste treatment, catalyst synthesis, coal ashes utilization), minerals engineering (ore enrichment, enhancement of processes of extractive metallurgy), agriculture industry (solubility increase of fertilizers), and pharmaceutical industry (improvement of solubility and bioavailability of drugs). This reference serves as an introduction to newcomers to mechachemistry, and encourages more experienced researchers to broaden their kwledge and discover vel applications in the field.
- Author BiographyPeter Balaz is a research scientist at the Institute of Geotechnics (formely Mining Institute) of Slovak Academy of Sciences in Kosice, Slovakia.
- Author(s)Peter Balaz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note67 black & white tables, biography
- Weight652 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.