All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the consequences of the main changes the media have undergone over the last 10 years: increasing commercialisation, concentration, convergence and internationalisation. The contributors reflect on the debate and the concern about the role of the media in a rapidly changing society. All contributions have been written originally for this volume and have t been published elsewhere. Contributors include eighteen academics from fifteen European countries, all of them experts in media research. The book is an invaluable resource for researchers and students in communication sciences, as well as for general readers interested in the role played by the media in social developments at large. This is volume 4 in the Changing Media, Changing Europe book series, supported by the European Science Foundation.
- Author BiographyEls de Bens is Chair of the Department of Mass Communication Research at the University of Gent. She is also Visiting Professor at Berkeley, Stellenbosch and Dortmund, and is Chair of the the Flemish Media Council.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleChanging Media, Changing Europe S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width174 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEls de Bens
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.