All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first sustained comparative examination of the importance of media attention on the provision of economic assistance, suggesting that the news media is an important medium for policy makers to gauge potential domestic political pressures and thus the need to be responsive and even anticipatory in addressing problems real or perceived. Particular attention is paid to the responsiveness of bureaucracies, long held to be among the most insulated institutions of government. Cross national in scope, this book looks at the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, France and Japan, facilitating a nuanced understanding of the interaction of international and domestic politics as mediated by the media.
- Author BiographyDOUGLAS A. VAN BELLE is Associate Professor of Political Science at East Stroudsburg University, Pennsylvania, USA. JEAN-SEBASTIEN RIOUX is Canada Research Chair in International Security, and Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, Laval University, Quebec, Canada. DAVID M. POTTER is Associate Professor in the Faculty of Policy Studies, Nanzan University, Nagoya, Japan.
- Author(s)David M. Potter,Douglas A. van Belle,Jean-Sebastien Rioux
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication15/04/2004
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleAdvances in Foreign Policy Analysis
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight394 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.