Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe Media Convergence Handbook sheds new light on the complexity of media convergence and the related business challenges. Approaching the topic from a managerial, techlogical as well as end-consumer perspective, it acts as a reference book and educational resource in the field. Media convergence at business level may imply transforming business models and using multiplatform content production and distribution tools. However, it is shown that the implementation of convergence strategies can only succeed when expectations and aspirations of every actor involved are taken into account. Media consumers, content producers and managers face different challenges in the process of media convergence. Volume I of the Media Convergence Handbook encourages an active discourse on media convergence by introducing the concept through general perspective articles and addressing the real-world challenges of conversion in the publishing, broadcasting and social media sectors.
- Author BiographyArtur Lugmayr is A/Prof. at Curtin University, Australia, where he teaches and supervises students in visualization technologies, interactive media, media management, and digital humanities. Artur was Professor for digital media management at the Tampere Univ. of Technology (TUT), Finland 2009-2014 establishing the Entertainment and Media Management Lab. and the New Ambient Multimedia Lab. 2004-2009. Artur holds a Dr.-Techn. degree (Information Technology, TUT), and is pursuing his Dr.-Arts studies at Aalto Univ., Helsinki, Finland in motion pictures. He was visiting scientist in Singapore, Brisbane, Austria, Ghana; since 2000 raised/involved in 1.7+ MEUR funding; 170+ publications; 24+ invited keynotes; organised 8+ intern. conferences, edited 6+ books, and 12+ special issues, and held 27+ invited guest lectures. He founded and chairs the Association for Information Systems (AIS) SIG eMedia and the International Ambient Media Association (iAMEA); is active member of the ACM TVX steering board, IFIP TC 14 for Entertainment Computing, MindTrek Association, and IEEE IG MENIG. Cinzia Dal Zotto is Professor of Media Management at the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Neuchatel, Switzerland. Before that she was Research Director at the Media Management and Transformation Centre at the Jonkoping International Business School in Sweden. Dal Zotto received her PhD in Organizational and Human Resource Development at the University of Regensburg in Germany. Between 2001 and 2003 she had a post doc scholarship funded by the German Ministry of Education and her research dealt with new ventures' growth in the media sector. Within that period she was also visiting scholar at UC Berkeley. Dal Zotto has published in the fields of organizational behavior, human resource management, entrepreneurship and strategy. She has taught at universities in various countries including Germany, France, Italy, UK, India, and South Africa.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication22/11/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleMedia Business and Innovation
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 95 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight818 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byArtur Lugmayr,Cinzia Dal Zotto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.