All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionMedia Events: A Critical Contemporary Approach proposes an interdisciplinary and multicultural approach of Dayan and Katz's theory of media events (1992) by applying it to contemporary situations. The contributing authors come from a range of countries (UK, USA, Mexico, Germany, Finland, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Ukraine) and analyse the theory of media events from different perspectives, incorporating social media and offering a re-positioning of Dayan and Katz's theory of media events. By bringing new perspectives into this field, the proposed volume is an important contribution as it grounds the intervention and rethinking of the theory into further empirical research. This volume has the potential to function as a 'cross-generational' link between one of the 'early classics' of media and communication studies on the one hand and the present generation of researchers on the other.
- Author BiographyDr. Bianca Mitu is Senior Lecturer in Broadcasting and Journalism at the University of Wolverhampton, UK. Before this, she held a Lecturer position at the University of Huddersfield, UK. She is a former journalist and holds a Ph.D. in Media and Communication Studies. She was a Visiting Scholar at the University of Westminster and the University of Paris III: Sorbonne Nouvelle. Her research interests lie in television studies, internet studies and media sociology. Bianca has an outstanding international scientific background, and has published in international journals from the UK, Italy, Germany and the USA. She is the Head of CCMRC.eu Research Centre, an active member of important international scientific associations, including IAMCR, ECREA, MeCCSA, and an active editorial board member of Journal of Journalism and Mass Communication, Interpersona, and International Journal of Communication and Health. Dr. Stamatis Poulakidakos is a Lecturer in Digital Marketing Communications at the University of Bournemouth, UK. He is a graduate of the Faculty of Communication and Media Studies, University of Athens, Greece where he accomplished his PhD on propaganda and the presentation of the MoU for the Greek bailout by the Greek media. He also holds a Master's Degree in New Media, Information and Society from the London School of Economics. He has taken part in various research activities in Mass Media and has participated as speaker in Greek and international conferences.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight495 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBianca Mitu,Stamatis Poulakidakos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.