All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMedia Management: A Casebook Approach provides a detailed consideration of the manager's role in today's media organizations, highlighting critical skills and responsibilities. Using media-based cases that promote critical thinking and problem-solving, this text addresses topics of key concern to managers: diversity, group cultures, progressive discipline, training, and market-driven journalism, among others. The cases provide real-world scenarios to help students anticipate and prepare for experiences in their future careers. Accounting for major changes in the media landscape that have affected every media industry, this Fifth Edition actively engages these changes in both discussion and cases. The text considers the need for managers to constantly adapt, obtain quality information, and be entrepreneurial and flexible in the face of new situations and techlogies that cant be predicted and change rapidly in national and international settings. As a resource for students and young professionals working in media industries, Media Management offers essential insights and guidance for succeeding in contemporary media management roles.
- Author BiographyC. Ann Hollifield is Thomas C. Dowden Professor of Media Research at the University of Georgia. Jan LeBlanc Wicks is Professor and Vice Chair in of the Department of Journalism at the University of Arkansas. George Sylvie is an Associate Professor in the School of Journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. Wilson Lowrey is Professor and Chair in the Department of Journalism at the University of Alabama.
- Author(s)C. Ann Hollifield,George Sylvie,Jan LeBlanc Wicks,Wilson Lowrey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleRoutledge Communication Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight608 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.