All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an invitation to informed and critical participation in the current debate on the role of digital techlogy in education and a comprehensive introduction to the most relevant issues in this debate. After an early wave of enthusiasm about the emancipative opportunities of the digital revolution in education, recent contributions invite caution, if t scepticism. This collection rejects extreme interpretations and establishes a conceptual framework for the critical questioning of this role in terms of concepts, assessments and subversions. This book offers conceptual tools, ideas and insights for further research. It also provides motivation and information to foster active participation in debates and politics and encourages teachers, parents and learners to take part in the making of the future of our societies.
- Author BiographyMatteo Stocchetti is Adjunct Professor in Political Communication at Abo Academy University in Vaasa (Finland). He is also Senior Lecturer at Arcada University of Applied Science in Helsinki, where he teaches Critical Media Analysis.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication23/07/2014
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight470 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMatteo Stocchetti
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.