All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyses the relationships between music and contemporary media, both via the mediation of music, and music as mediator. It does so through a series of original interviews with key practitioners: musicians, writers, magazine editors, radio presenters and major and independent label bosses. Through these interviews, theory and practice are measured against each other and the book considers their experiences and observations in order to explore the ways popular music is produced, marketed and mediated. Examining visual, print, radio and new media, Media and Popular Music draws together disparate elements of music and media which formerly have t been considered together, and provides a fresh and invative contribution to the swiftly growing field of popular music studies. *Key Features *Presents key topics via chapter-long case studies and more broadly applied theoretical analyses *Uses media theory and cultural theory to shed fresh light on theory and practice *Discusses music in relation to visual and print media.
- Author BiographyPeter Mills is Senior Lecturer in Media and Popular Culture at Leeds Metropolitan University. He is the author of Hymns To The Silence, a major study of the work of Van Morrison published by Continuum in 2010, alongside work on Samuel Beckett, Olaf Stapledon, Hungarian folk music, Pink Floyd and the KLF. He is currently preparing studies of the work of Kate Rusby, Jake Thackray and 'Popular Music and the Moving Image'. He was singer and lyricist for the band Innocents Abroad who made two albums, Quaker City and Eleven.
- Author(s)Peter Mills
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMedia Topics
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight249 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.