All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn what ways have social movements attracted the attention of the mass media since the sixties? How have activists influenced public attention via visual symbols, images, and protest performances in that period? And how do mass media cover and frame specific protest issues? Drawing on contributions from media scholars, historians, and sociologists, this volume explores the dynamic interplay between social movements, activists, and mass media from the 1960s to the present. It introduces the most relevant theoretical approaches to such issues and offers a variety of case studies ranging from print media, film, and television to Internet and social media.
- Author BiographyKathrin Fahlenbrach is Professor for Media and Communication Studies at Hamburg University, Germany. Her publications on protest movements and media include a book on visual protest of the student movement in mass media. Together with Martin Klimke and Joachim Scharloth, she is editor of the series 'Protest, Culture, and Society' (Berghahn Books, New York/Oxford). Erling Sivertsen is Associate Professor at the Faculty of Media and Journalism, Volda University College, Norway. He teaches Media Studies and Photojournalism. Sivertsen is a sociologist who has published several studies on the media and politicians, media and banks, and on photography and mobile communication in journalism. Rolf Werenskjold is Associate Professor at the Faculty of Media and Journalism, Volda University College, Norway. He teaches Media Studies and Media History. He is a historian and media scholar who has published several studies on the media and 1968, modern American history, and Norwegian foreign news journalism during the Cold War.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleProtest, Culture and Society
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note32 illustrations, 15 tables
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byErling Sivertsen,Kathrin Fahlenbrach,Rolf Werenskjold
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.