All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMediated Communities brings together a diverse, global cohort of academics and professional communicators to assess the current state of democratic mobilizing around the world and the ways in which protest movements are being transformed in the midst of a communication revolution. Contributors draw on a variety of international settings - from Greece to Leban, China to Argentina - to demonstrate the ways in which community organizing in the digital age relies increasingly on digital media to communicate, help participants find common ground, and fight for change. Contributors ackwledge the challenges that lie ahead for creating real and lasting democratic change, but at the same time are able to draw attention to the potential that digital media hold for strengthening citizen voices around the globe.
- Author BiographyMoses Shumow (PhD, University of Miami) is an assistant professor in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Florida International University. His work has been published in Media Culture and Society, Journalism and Journalism and Mass Communication Educator, among others.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMoses Shumow
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.