All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis fourth volume of the critical edition of the medical aphorisms compiled by Maimonides (1138-1204) covers treatises sixteen to twenty-one. The central subjects of these treatises include women's diseases, physical exercise, bathing, foods, and the consumption of drugs. Most of the aphorisms featured in this volume are based on the works of Galen, but Maimonides also quotes from other ancient and medieval physicians, including some whose work does t survive in any other source. This edition provides both the Arabic text and an authoritative English translation by Gerrit Bos in parallel-column format.
- Author BiographyGerrit Bos is chair of the Martin Buber Institute for Jewish Studies at the University of Cologne.
- Author(s)Moses Maimonides
- PublisherBrigham Young University Press
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMedical Works of Moses Maimonides
- Place of PublicationUtah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrigham Young University Press
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byGerrit Bos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.