Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionMedical Biotechlogy is designed as a textbook for undergraduate students of biotechlogy, especially those who are pursuing a course in Human Molecular Genetics. Medical Biotechlogy as a separate course is offered in a few universities and is increasingly finding favour as a mainstream discipline. Medical Biotechlogy is a multidisciplinary subject that brings together the combined research and applications from the fields of r-DNA techlogy, microbiology and medicine. The book starts with a brief overview of biotechlogy and healthcare. It then goes on to describe various therapeutical techniques based on DNA, RNA and proteins. Key topics like molecular pharming, drug design and delivery, chiral techlogy, regenerative medicine, namedicine and pharmacogemics are dealt with in great detail. Emphasis is laid on management and analysis of clinical data, various processes involving biomolecules and the use of softwares to analyze gemes and proteomes. The topics are presented in a lucid, methodical way and care has been taken to keep the level of discussion simple. The various concepts are complemented by numerous practical examples and end-chapter exercises.
- Author BiographyDr. Pratibha Nallari is Professor, Department of Genetics, Osmania University. She has conducted research in several projects under the aegis of DBT, ICMR and the UGC. Her research interests include Genetic Epidemiology and Diagonostic Protein and Molecular Markers. She has also contributed research papers to several national and international journals. Dr. V.V. Rao is Faculty Member, Biotechnology Program, ICFAI Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad. He holds a PhD in Human Population Genetics and has over 25 years of research and teaching experience. He has contributed research papers to various journals and is a life member of Indian Society of Human Genetics.
- Author(s)Dr. P. Nallari,Dr. V. V. Rao
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication08/04/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Note150 figures
- Weight559 g
- Width183 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.