All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor upper-division undergraduate/beginning graduate-level courses in Medical Sociology, and for Behavioral Science courses in schools of Public Health, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing. A comprehensive overview of the most current issues in medical sociology. The standard text in the field, Medical Sociology presents the discipline's most recent and relevant ideas, concepts, themes, issues, debates, and research findings. To draw students into the course, author Dr. William Cockerham integrates engaging first-person accounts from patients, physicians, and other health care providers throughout the text. The Thirteenth Edition addresses the current changes stemming from health care reform in the United States, and other issues that reflect the focus of the field today.
- Author BiographyWilliam C. Cockerham received his Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley and is Distinguished Professor and Chair of Sociology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He holds secondary appointments in medicine and public health and is recipient of the UAB Connors Prize in the History of Ideas and the Ireland Award for Distinguished Scholarship. He is past President of the Research Committee on Health Sociology of the International Sociological Association and formerly on the Editorial Board of the American Sociological Review. Currently, he is on the Editorial Boards of Social Currents and Society and Mental Health. Dr. Cockerham has published numerous peer-reviewed papers in academic journals and is author or editor of seventeen books. His most recent books from Routledge are Medical Sociology, Thirteenth Edition (2015) and The Sociology of Mental Disorder, Ninth Edition (2014).
- Author(s)William C. Cockerham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight832 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement13th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.