All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionNo other area of biology has grown as fast and become as relevant over the last decade as virology. It is with little amount of amaze- ment, that the more we learn about fundamental biological questions and mechanisms of diseases, the more obvious it becomes that viruses perme- ate all facets of our lives. While on one hand viruses are kwn to cause acute and chronic, mild and fatal, focal and generalized diseases, on the other hand, they are used as tools for gaining an understanding of the structure and function of higher organisms, and as vehicles for carrying protective or curative therapies. The wide scope of approaches to different biological and medical virological questions was well rep- resented by the speakers that participated in this year's Symposium. While the epidemic by the human immudeficiency virus type 1 continues to spread without hope for much relief in sight, intriguing questions and answers in the area of diagstics, clinical manifestations and therapeutical approaches to viral infections are unveiled daily. Let us hope, that with the increasing awareness by our society of the role played by viruses, t only as causative agents of diseases, but also as models for better understanding basic biological principles, more efforts and resources are placed into their study. Luis M. de la Maza Irvine, California Ellena M.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight483 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byEllena M. Peterson,Luis M. de la Maza
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.