All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionIt would have been difficult at the beginning of the 80's to have predicted that by the end of the decade, Medical Virology would have become one of the most important topics in the area of both basic and clinical research. Although we were expecting a progressive increase in awareness of the role played by viruses in different diseases, we did t expect the outbreak of a fatal disease that was going to shake the roots of our society. The appearance of the human immudeficiency virus (HIV-1) in the early 80's, has prompted a unique re- search impetus in the area of Medical Virology. The kwledge that we are gaining in our attempt to understand the biology of HIV-1 and the immu- logical response to this virus should t only help us control the spread of this virus, but should also help us to better understand other viral infections. Let us hope that during the 1990's we can learn how to control HIV-1 infections so that by the end of the decade, more human lives succumb to an infection with this virus. Luis M. de la Maza Irvine, California Ellena M. Peterson March, 1990 v ACKNO~EDGEMENTS We would like to thank all the speakers that came to San Francisco and shared their kwledge during the lectures and for writing the chapters in this book.
- Author(s)Ellena M. Petersen,Luis M. de la Maza
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight574 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.