Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionCongress continues to register concern about the rapid rise in Medicare spending and the ability of existing funding mechanisms to support the program over the long-term. A combination of factors has contributed to the rapid increase in Medicare costs. These include increases in overall medical costs, advances in health care delivery and medical techlogy, the ageing of the population, and longer life spans. The issues confronting the program are t new; r are the possible solutions likely to get any easier. For a number of years, various options have been suggested; however, legislative changes have focused on short-term issues. There is consensus on the long-term approach that should be taken. This book provides an overview of Medicare. It begins with a brief program history, and then outlines the key features of Parts A and B, also kwn as Original Medicare . That is followed by overviews of Part C and Part D, a discussion of program financing, and a brief discussion of future program directions. It will be updated to reflect any legislative changes.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication25/03/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Notetables
- Weight460 g
- Width260 mm
- Height180 mm
- Edited byAlice R. Williamson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.