All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile almost all mushrooms share beneficial properties that strengthen the immune system, the chapters of Medicinal Mushrooms are dedicated to mushrooms that are the most promising for healing a variety of illnesses, including reishi (for liver disorders), cordyceps sinesis (anti-aging), maitake (cancer) and hericum erinaceus (Alzheimer's Disease), among others. Mushrooms have been found in human culture for thousands of years. They have been used as medicine since the very beginning, but in the past fifty years several major advancements in medicine have come from mushrooms and other fungi, including the most famous of all, penicillin. This book explores mushroom history, as well as their potential uses in the future.
- Author BiographyGeorges M. Halpern, MD, PhD is a Professor Emeritus at Stanford University and University of California. Andrew H. Miller is the founder of several successful herbal product companies. They both live in Portola Valley, California.
- Author(s)Andrew H. Miller,George M Halper,Georges M. Halpern
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication29/07/2002
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM. Evans& Co Inc
- Content Noteb&w illus
- Weight313 g
- Width151 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.