All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of oncology massage is maturing into a discipline with a deeper and deeper body of kwledge. The 3rd edition of Medicine Hands reflects this maturation. Every chapter contains updated information and insights into massaging people affected by cancer. New chapters have been added to cover each stage of the cancer experience: treatment, recovery, survivorship, side effects from the disease, and end of life. These new chapters and organizational structure will make it easier for the reader to find the information needed to plan the massage session for a given client. In addition, a new chapter has been added that focuses on the Pressure/Site/Positioning framework. This is the clinical framework around which the massage session is planned.
- Author BiographyGayle MacDonald: M.S., L.M.T., began her career as a teacher in 1973 and as a massage therapist in 1989. In 1991, she blended her two career paths. Since 1994, she has given massage to cancer patients and supervised massage therapists on the oncology units of Oregon Health and Science University. MacDonald is a frequent contributor to the three main massage journals in the US. Presently, she travels the US teaching continuing education courses in oncology massage.
- Author(s)Gayle MacDonald
- PublisherFindhorn Press Ltd.
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationForres
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFindhorn Press Ltd.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1100 g
- Width190 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.