All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionRecent political, social, and ecomic changes in Africa have provoked radical shifts in the landscape of health and healthcare. Medicine, Mobility, and Power in Global Africa captures the multiple dynamics of a globalized world and its impact on medicine, health, and the delivery of healthcare in Africa - and beyond. Essays by an international group of contributors take on intractable problems such as HIV/AIDS, malaria, and insufficient access to healthcare, drugs, resources, hospitals, and techlogies. The movements of people and resources described here expose the growing challenges of poverty and public health, but they also show how new opportunities have been created for transforming healthcare and promoting care and healing.
- Author BiographyHansjorg Dilger is a junior professor of social and cultural anthropology at Freie Universitat Berlin. He is author of Living with Aids, Illness, Death, and Social Relationships in Africa: An Ethnography (in German).Abdoulaye Kane is Assistant Professor of Anthropology and African Studies at the University of Florida. He is author of Tontines, Solidarity Funds, and Street Bankers: The Universe of Informal Financial Practices in Africa and Among African Immigants in France (in French).Stacey A. Langwick is Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Cornell University. She is author of Bodies, Politics, and African Healing: The Matter of Maladies in Tanzania (IUP, 2011).
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note10 b&w illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAbdoulaye Kane,Hansjorg Dilger,Stacey Ann Langwick
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.