All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sherborne Missal, one of the greatest of English medieval manuscripts, contains a wealth of marginal illustrations of wild birds, painted with great skill and accuracy. From over 170 images, over half can be clearly identified to 40 species, and although many are imaginary birds and fantasies, the manuscript offers an unparalleled insight into a fascinating aspect of England's natural history in the middle ages.
- Author BiographyJanet Backhouse is an internationally respected manuscript expert and former Curator of Illuminated Manuscripts at The British Library.
- Author(s)Janet Backhouse
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication29/12/2001
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width176 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.