All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe V&A's collection of ivory carvings (c. 400-1200) is one of the most important in the world. This beautifully illustrated catalogue consists of 120 entries that discuss in detail many of the most celebrated ivories of the Middle Ages. Major masterpieces from every era of the period include the Symmachi Panel from Late Antiquity; the front cover of the Lorsch Gospels from the Carolingian era; the Ottonian Basilewsky Situla; the Veroli Casket from tenth-century Byzantium; the St Nicholas Crozier; the enigmatic whalebone carving of the Adoration of the Magi from the Romanesque twelfth century; and, numerous others of the first importance and beauty.
- Author BiographyPaul Williamson is Keeper of Sculpture, Metalwork, Ceramics & Glass at the Victoria and Albert Museum, where he has worked since 1979. He has written and lectured extensively on medieval ivory carvings. His many books include Gothic Sculpture 1140-1300 (1995) and Netherlandish Sculpture (V&A 2002).
- Author(s)Paul Williamson
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication02/08/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note450 colour
- Weight2812 g
- Width247 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.