All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe esoteric practices followed in the quest for divinity generally remain a secret to the world--kept cloistered away for only the most ascetic practitioners. Now Daniel Odier, having immersed himself in the life and spiritual practices of Buddhist and Taoist monasteries throughout India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Japan, reveals actual teachings passed on by the sages who are living expressions of their tradition. Looking beyond doctrine, dogma, and philosophical treatises that igre direct experiences of the practice, Odier provides a direct path to the heart of the religious experience that can be discovered through meditation. Beginning with the simple and fundamental steps necessary to prepare for meditation, Odier guides the reader through the specifics of the mental disciplines and visualisations that Buddhist and Taoist masters have used for ages in their quest for illumination. To devote oneself to meditation, in the sense understood by Buddhists and Taoists, is to realise the understanding of how every fibre of our being converges with all creation. MEDITATION TECHNIQUES OF THE BUDDHIST AND TAOIST MASTERS is a valuable guide to all who are in search of that realisation.
- Author BiographyDaniel Odier founded the Tantra/Chan Center in Paris and has taught Eastern spiritual traditions at a number of American universities. He is the author of several works of nonfiction, including <i>Tantric Quest</i> and <i>Desire: The Tantric Path to Awakening</i>, and many novels. Under the name of Delacorta, he is the author of a series of mystery novels, one of which--<i>Diva</i>--was made into an award-winning film. He lives in Switzerland.
- Author(s)Daniel Odier
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication17/02/2003
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Content Note66 b&w illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.