Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the product of many years of reflection on the topic of what could cause a true Christian revival in so-called Post-Christian cultures. The author kws what it is like being a member of the so called intellectual class in the United States. He is the creator of one of the leading brainstorming software products, as well as the creator of artistic theory based on virtue which he started circulating in 1984. He is a Christian yet did t feel at home with much of the Christian popular media because it seemed the culture at large was becoming less and less Christian in the rest of the media. He spent the last several years creating this work based on ideas of what intelligent Christian revival would look like. He has written three books on religious excesses that mimic spirituality: one on hallucinations, ather on religiosity over spirituality, and the third on grandiosity. In this work, he saw that the best defense in a post Christian culture was a good offense: the personal attitude of intelligent soul-winning towards those who are t spiritually-grounded that we come across in our daily lives. Revival has been meant to be seen as a time of spiritual fervor that takes place under a certain preacher in a certain church, or a Christian revival in the population in an area. This new work can be seen a personal guide to thriving in one's faith in a so-called post-Christian culture by taking the attitude of a soul winner. It takes the view of internally reversing the pressure from living in a post-Christian culture by praying for the unprayable. Often as Christians we are just shocked at what we are seeing around us these days. We should spent as much effort in saying a short prayer, maybe repeated whenever we see that which shocks us. The book also focuses on planting seeds in what it calls an atomic theology trying to keep the culture Christian friendly from the ground up. It also says that the best defense is a good offense, and tries to create the mindset of of soul-winning as being the best defense in such a society. Since the author has written three books which cover difficulties upon the spiritual path, he thought it was only fair that he should write one that covered what genuine Christian fervor or spiritual devotion could look like. R.S. Pearson's new book on Christian revival takes a modern approach to this old subject, so vital the impact of Christianity on culture.
- Author BiographyThe author was born and raised in New York and resettled to Seattle in 1982. At the age of 15, he became interested in religion and sought many teachers and tried different religions and philosophies. In 1992, he started ParaMind Brainstorming Software, which is a software product that uses the idea of exhausting the interactions of words to develop new ideas related to the user's typed-in sentence. He has written several other books on the topics of art, spirituality, psychology, brainstorming and creativity, as well as being a musical composer.
- Author(s)R S Pearson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date31/03/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.