All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionOver the period 1999-2005, choreographer and dancer Tess de Quincey and a team of international artists conducted a series of art-laboratories and performances in and around the Central Desert town of Alice Springs. These art-labs culminated in the 2005 performance of Dictionary of Atmospheres, staged during the Alice Desert Festival. Drawing upon practice-based research conducted while interning with de Quincey during the development and staging of Dictionary of Atmospheres, Anderson contemplates the way in which moments from the production illustrate the artist's approach to and articulation of place. Meeting Places offers meditation on the nature of experience as it manifests in serial site-specific art encounters in desert locations.
- Author BiographyMary Elizabeth Anderson is an assistant professor in the Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre & Dance at Wayne State University. Her research explores dimensions of popular participation in performance, with particular focus on placemaking, teaching artistry and reflective practice.
- Author(s)Mary Elizabeth Anderson
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleConsciousness, Literature and the Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number40
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.