All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis text takes a radical look at the nature of adult learning in the postgraduate context and at the implications of this for universities and their courses. While, over recent decades, schools have had to undergo major re-assessments about how learning is developed into curriculum, how learning is delivered to students, and how that learning is assessed, universities have remained very largely detached from these pedagogical/andragogical issues. However, the circumstances of higher education provision have changed.There is alsoreal pressure w from vocationalism. Meeting the Challenges of Change in Postgraduate Education places these movements in both a UK and a wider context examines the nature of learning and teaching in postgraduate education and opens up the debate for rethinking university provision. The book examines concepts such as integration as ways of retaining the higher order skills of a university education over against narrower, technicist approaches and suggest a continuum of provision, but one in which the learner takes centre stage.
- Author BiographyTrevor Kerry is Visiting Professor at Bishop Grosseteste University College, UK. Until recently he was Professor of Education Leadership at the Centre for Educational Research and Development at Lincoln University, UK, and is the university's first Emeritus Professor. He has worked in primary, secondary, further and higher education, as well as teacher education. He has been a Senior General Advisor with a Local Authority and an Ofsted Inspector. He was Professor of Education at the College of Teachers (UK), where he was also Senior Vice-President and Journal Editor.
- Author(s)Carolle Kerry,Chris Kenyon,Kent Lofgren,Lewis Richard Benjamin Elton,Paul McDermott,Prof. Trevor Kerry,Stewart Hase,Terence Karran,Tony Harland
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight302 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byProf. Trevor Kerry
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.