All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis poetry comes direct from the cockpit of a modern fighter-bomber. It brings the sparse literature of aerial warfare bang up-to-date, aiming neither to glorify r to apologise. Kwles' dogged pursuit of himself in the guise of the Jet Man takes us into the aircraft with him, moving us beyond the CNN video-clips of surgical strikes and collateral damage. A twenty-first century reprise of High Flight or The Battle of Britain this is t. Meeting the Jet Man is about a young pilot growing up in thrall to these aviation icons - and following that vision into the heart of the high-tech killing machine that is modern warfare.
- Author BiographyDavid Knowles joined the RAF as a pilot in 1982, fresh from a philosophy degree from Oxford. During the whole of his subsequent 25-year RAF career David was assigned to flying duties, and for most of that time on front-line Tornado ground-attack squadrons, amassing well over 3000 flight hours on one of the most potent airborne weapons systems of its day - from the closing years of the Cold War, through a decade of peace-keeping, the military victory in Iraq and then into its aftermath. Awarded a Distinguished Flying Cross for actions during the opening phase of the invasion of Iraq, David has first-hand experience of aspects of modern warfare which have scarcely been touched upon in poetry before.
- Author(s)David Knowles
- PublisherTwo Ravens Press
- Date of Publication07/10/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationUllapool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTwo Ravens Press
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.