All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description<p>What you do really does matter! This book is a must read for nursing home administrators, directors of nursing, and others in leadership positions in long-term care. It offers practical, commonsense, easy-to-implement approaches that will yield immediate positive results. It also serves as a wake-up call to leaders who doubt their impact and as an affirmation to leaders who struggle daily to do a good job. Let <i>Meeting the Leadership Challenge in Long-Term Care</i> open the door to new possibilities and set your organisation on a better course.</p><p>Too often long-term care leaders feel overwhelmed by regulatory, financial, and corporate constraints and succumb to the myth that staff turver is an inevitable cost of doing business. This book debunks this myth, revealing the powerful link between staff satisfaction and successful organisational performance that delivers high quality, high census, good surveys, and a healthy bottom line.< /p><p>Based on extensive on-the-ground experience with implementing and guiding hundreds of nursing homes through successful organisational transformations, the authors offer advice and wisdom that can make your organisation more successful, efficient and stable, whether it is currently struggling or thriving. Just a few of the take-home lessons from your this constructive guide include how to</p>* Get and keep the right staff, including how to identify triple crown winners * Reduce staff stress and promote solid teamwork * Build a positive chain of leadership that brings out the best in the staff * Convert money w spent on turver into resources to support stability * Improve corporate support with an instructive Stop Doing List * * Use quality improvement and culture change practices to achieve high performance * Increase staff, family, and resident satisfaction * Make a meaningful impact as a leader <p>Watch these benefits unfold right before your eyes in one of the most unique features of this book: a journal documenting administrator David Farrell's experience turning around a nursing home that was by all measures doing poorly. Through his difficulties, triumphs, tragedies, and everyday experiences, see how better outcomes are attainable by focusing on leadership practices that make a difference.</p><p>Widely recognised as experts in the long-term care field, the authors of <i>Meeting the Leadership Challenge in Long-Term Care</i> combine their years of experience in nursing home leadership and management to create a resource that can transform how long-term care facilities are run.</p>
- Author(s)Barbara Frank,Cathie Brady,David Farrell
- PublisherHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byVivian Tellis-Nayak
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.