All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an excellent resource for public school administrators. Today's public schools are brimming with students who are t only new to English but who also have schooling or a large break in their schooling. These students create unique challenges for teachers and administrators. This handbook is a welcome new resource for secondary teachers and administrators working in areas with burgeoning immigrant populations, as well as ESL instructors and researchers. The text addresses some of the many issues facing the subpopulation of ELLs who have limited or interrupted formal schooling, helping dedicated teachers to meet this subpopulation's highly specific literacy development and content-area kwledge needs. Although grounded in research, Meeting the Needs of Students with Limited or Interrupted Schooling goes beyond research to offer teachers practical guidance on fostering the success of students from limited or interrupted schooling backgrounds by providing student case studies, model programs and classes, and helpful teaching techniques and tips.
- Author BiographyAndrea DeCapua, William Smathers, and Lixing Frank Tang teach at New York University and have consulted with the New York Department of Education on this topic.
- Author(s)Andrea DeCapua,Lixing Frank Tang,William Smathers
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.