Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Richard Osborne has done something very special here. He takes us on an exciting journey into the kwledge required to exist, survive, thrive, in the new millennium, in an interconnected global space that includes cyberpunk and cyborg, chaos theory and conspiracy theories, the postcolonial and the diaspora, hybridity and whiteness, the postmodern and the post-feminist, the digital and the Net, as much as older yet still influential terms like Enlightenment, empiricism, positivism, aesthetics, agency, nationhood and citizenship. Osborne writes with wit, wisdom, and insight, always wary of any approach becoming an orthodoxy. He shows how particular concepts arise at particular times with particular authors and intellectual personalities. The entries proceed by illuminating examples, engaging anecdotes, subtle cross-referencing, wide historical contexts' - John Docker, author of Postmodernism and Popular Culture: A Cultural History Written by the author of the international bestseller Philosophy for Beginners, Megawords provides definitions for the key terms every student in the humanities and social sciences needs to kw.
- Author BiographyRichard Osborne is senior lecturer in philosophy, semiotics and cultural studies at Camberwell College of Art, London
- Author(s)Richard Osborne
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/01/2002
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.