All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1st Place Gold eLit award winner and is a 4 Star Clarion Review book. On a dark night in the Mekong Delta, young platoon sergeant Edgar Eaton's courage and self-sacrifice would mean the difference between life and death for his wounded comrades. This is the story of Ed the sniper. Ed doesn't plan on serving as a sniper; the small-town Oregon boy hopes to become a combat medic when he enlists at age nineteen. Instead, he finds himself an infantryman in the unique Army / Navy Riverine Force in the Mekong Delta. Quickly rising to the rank of platoon sergeant, Ed becomes one of the first members of the US Army to be specifically trained to be a sniper. While Ed's actions on the night of April 3, 1969, have been celebrated in magazines, books, and a History Channel presentation, the full story of his combat service has never been told. Ed describes recollecting the events described in Mekong Mud Dogs as one of the toughest tasks he ever faced. Be glad he did. His acts of bravery and fortitude under fire are an inspiration, and a reminder of other courageous acts by his brothers-in-arms, many of whose stories will never be told. More information about Ed and his military service is available at www.edthesniper.com.
- Author BiographyEdgar W. Eaton was raised in small towns in the Pacific Northwest, during what he describes as simpler times. Like many young men, Ed enlisted to serve in the Vietnam War, a decision that changed his life. After the war, Ed worked in careers as diverse as construction, real estate, gold mining, truck driving, ski Area management, and goldsmithing. He retired to the Oregon coast with his wife. Ed's decision to tell his story was prompted, in part, by a 2011 History Channel broadcast highlighting his experiences on the night of April 3, 1969. He now speaks to groups on changing one's self for the better, and raises funds for soldiers in overseas combat zones. More information about Ed is available at his website, www.EdTheSniper.com.
- Author(s)Ed Eaton
- PublisherEd W. Eaton
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEd W. Eaton
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.