All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMelancholics in Love: Representing Women's Depression and Domestic Abuse joins psychoanalytic theories of melancholia and mourning (Freud, Kristeva) with cultural studies and its attention to power relations in cultural practice. It is interested in the borderland between the psychoanalytic and the cultural, where desire is imbricated with power and individual psyches with cultural formations. Drawing from a wide spectrum of literary and autobiographical texts from the past and present, such as Jane Austen's Emma and Tina Turner's I, Tina, Frances L. Restuccia moves from a psychoanalytic explanation of the formation of women melancholics to the cultural co-construction of battered women. A fascinating, provocative, and highly original study in melancholia and domestic abuse, Melancholics in Love will be of special interest to anyone concerned with social justice for battered women or the politics of representation of violence against women.
- Author BiographyFrances L. Restuccia is associate professor of contemporary literary and cultural theory, English, and women's studies at Boston College.
- Author(s)Frances L. Restuccia
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/02/2000
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.