All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionA book for people who laugh at things people aren't supposed to laugh at! Discover what happens in tiny, rural North Fork, CT--pop. 2000--after Wall Street causes a total US financial meltdown. Soon there are Connecticut police since they walk off the job after their pay stops for good. The prison guards release all prisoners and go home. Mobs form in the cities. The little town is on its own. The town's aging band of wealthy do-gooders improvise a drastic new approach to free healthcare. News comes that the mob plans to attack the little town. This inspires the mayor to form a band of brothers - and sisters - to resist the mob invasion. Byron Weinberg, the mayor, is gay but a macho leader - more like Alexander the Great than your mother's hairdresser. Peter Smithers, the narrator, is married to Amanda, a Brit and much tougher character. Their beautiful, athletic daughter, Libbet, has ditched her city-loving husband and come back to live with them. Can Libbet w find a real man? She fights constantly with Oliver, a handsome local hunk who chooses a back to nature lifestyle. They bicker, but there is definitely something going on... Simultaneously Randall Schwule, a hedge fund billionaire, who made his fortune through ripping off Goldman Sachs, comes out as a werewolf. Schwule has needs...unpleasant needs... When the mob attack North Fork, Byron and his Vietnam-era ex-soldier pals and one lethal woman man the barricades and fight back fiercely with old, but deadly weapons. They are hopelessly outnumbered. Defeat seems only a matter of time. Night falls. The mob are on the verge of victory--and slaughtering all the town folk--when the werewolf intervenes... The mob vanish but this is clearly just a respite. The people who stay in North Fork will always have to be prepared to fight. Libbet and Oliver take over the hilltop farm and plan to live the life of early farmers--with their first child on the way. A gruesome discovery on the farm may complicate their future... North Fork is once again a community of self-reliant pioneers. Will it survive?
- Author BiographyTony Thomson lives with his wife and three Labradors in rural Connecticut. A former fund manager, Tony is a graduate of Yale, Oxford and Stanford Business School. Years in finance in London and time in the US Army in Vietnam convinced him that life is a comedy...a dark comedy. His other books are Trust Fund Kids, Eat Your Heart Out, Ho Chi Minh and Life, Fate and Afghanistan.
- Author(s)Tony Thomson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.