All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Chuck Norris Yurkin has never been one to give up. A product of the inner city projects, he pulled himself up by the bootstraps and enlisted in the Marine Corps-serving proudly in Desert Storm before beginning a fifteen-year career with the Myrtle Beach police force. But when he saw the efforts of his policing failing to create any positive change, it wasn't long before Yurkin became jaded by the system as a whole. Seeking a new life for himself and his daughters, he met up with a private contracting firm and began training for a trip to sunny Afghanistan, where he would work on training the fledgling Afghan National Police. In the midst of two weeks of training in Virginia, he earned the nickname that would stick with him for years to come-and met three best friends that remained by his side through dangerous missions, misadventures, and the frustrations of being stationed abroad. In Memoirs of a Security Contractor, Yurkin tells the true story of his time as a security contractor in Afghanistan in candid detail-in an eye-opening tale of determination, friendship, and never giving up.
- Author BiographyPaul Yurkin is a Marine Corps veteran and former police officer who spent fifteen-and-a-half years on the force. After a welfare upbringing in the projects of Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, he went on to spend four years in the Marine Corps, guarding two US presidents and serving in Desert Storm. Yurkin earned his associate's degree in criminal justice and is a proud father of two beautiful and wonderful girls. His experiences as a contractor in Afghanistan are documented in his debut book, Memoirs of a Security Contractor.
- Author(s)Paul Yurkin
- Date of Publication09/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.