All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Charles Henry Cooper (1808-66) undertook to revise the text of the 1841 Memorials of Cambridge, illustrated by the engraver John Le Keux (1783-1846), he was under the impression that 'only a slight amount of labour' would be imposed on him. However, this three-volume work was altered and modified so extensively that it may be considered as entirely re-written. Containing over 250 photographs, engravings and etchings, Volumes 1 and 2 of the work are a comprehensive guide to the Cambridge colleges, while Volume 3 is almost entirely concerned with the history of other landmarks throughout the city, such as the Fitzwilliam Museum, the Guildhall and the Botanic Garden. It was published in 1860, just six years before Cooper's death, and stands as a detailed and fully illustrated guide to Cambridge at that time. Volume 1, dealing with the colleges in order of their foundation, covers Peterhouse to Jesus.
- Author(s)Charles Henry Cooper
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Cambridge
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note114 b/w illus.
- Weight880 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.