All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionLOVE IS A TREMBLING HEART ...LIFE THE SUM OF EXPERIENCES TOGETHER THEY BRING BOTH HAPPINESS AND SORROW Such is the true-to-life saga of Arab-Palestinian-born Azzira Shabtai and Jewish Holocaust survivor Pawel Ryszniewski, star-crossed lovers committed to each other only to be torn apart by turbulent history and cultural differences far beyond their control. Meeting again 55 years later, they must decide if the past they have lived and the Israel of the present will allow them to fulfill a future to share. With what they have w learned from each other, they return to the land of their first passion seeking new answers from the links to their past. Only this time they bring Azzira's granddaughter Serena, and Pawel's son Ethan on their new journey. When Azzira and Pawel unlock the door to what has remained hidden for more than five decades, it unleashes what remains of those same events that tore them apart, yet created the State of Israel, and divided their Palestine. Only by discovering what actually happened after they left, can Azzira and Pawel come to terms with what the future may hold for them, their children and grandchildren. At first as their witnesses, Serena and Ethan soon find themselves entangled in the complexities of modern Israel. For more than three millennia, stories of love, despair, and hope have fulfilled the destiny of Palestine. Through MEMORIES AND PROMISES and its fictitious characters, readers will be exposed to many of the unique challenges faced and the commitments made by those living in The Promised Land of today.
- Author BiographyMelvyn Neil Diamond has been many people in his lifetime - a student and educator, a soldier and civilian, athlete, coach, and spectator, worker and business owner, still a husband, father, grandfather, and even great-grandfather. But true unto himself, first and foremost, he is very curious, very opinionated...and loves to write! Memories and Promises is really the third of nine books he has written, the second actually published. With his wife Judi's help, and with reader encouragement, he intends to publish more.
- Author(s)Melvyn Neil Diamond
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.