All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe memories of the pranks, woes, and joys collected in this volume were drawn from the cadet life at The Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, VA. All of the proceeds of this book are donated to the VMI Museum. Here's a sampling from Volume II: Double Trouble RB Lane, '75 I have two brother rats, who are identical twins, Barry and Larry Lineback. When I say identical, I mean identical. I roomed with Larry for two years, and it took me awhile to learn to tell them apart. During our first class year Larry would wait for a rat to come along and head up one of the stairways in barracks. He'd get up in the rat's face, flame him a bit, and challenge him to a race up the stairs to the third or fourth stoop. If the rat won the race, Larry would let him out of the ratline for the day, or something to that affect. Larry and the rat would get side by side at the bottom of the steps and they would begin the race. Larry would purposely fall behind and visions of victory and a day free of the ratline would begin to form in the rat's mind. If course, and unbekwnst to the rat, Barry was waiting for him at the top of the steps. The look on the rat's face upon seeing his competition at the top of the steps waiting for him was priceless.
- Author BiographyUrsula Maria Mandel is the author of three much loved novels, The Good American, Diary of a Naive, and The Tenant: A Love Story. A collection of short stories, Twelve Quiet Tales, and a children's book, Bo on the Fence Post, were published in 2013. Memories of VMI, a two-volume edition of humorous cadet stories of the Virginia Military Institute, were published in 2003. Her short story, Deader than a Doornail, won first prize at a National Public Radio contest and was broadcast in February 2003.
- Author(s)Ursula Maria Mandel
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.