All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn superbly crafted prose, Memories of a Meltdown describes the days that followed the nuclear nightmare at Cherbyl from the author's perspective as both an outsider and a victim. Blending the realism of journalism with the emotional resonance of fiction, Makhzangi conveys the quiet but steadily mounting atmosphere of fear and panic, the dubious reliability of official statements, and an overall loss of the sense of safety.
- Author BiographyMohamed Makhzangi was born in 1950 in the town of Mansura in the Delta of Egypt. He studied to become a doctor and later specialized in psychology and alternative medicine in the Ukrainian capital Kiev. Having practiced as a doctor for some years, he turned to journalism and writing and spent time in Kuwait working on the magazine al-'Arabi. Back in Cairo, he works on the children1s edition of al-'Arabi. He has published several volumes of short stories. He now divides his time between Egypt and Syria.
- Author(s)Mohamed Makhzangi
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2006
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight276 g
- Width127 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated bySamah Selim
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.