All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn Memories of an Impossible Future: Mehdi Akhavan Sales and the Poetics of Time Marie Huber traces the quest for a modern language of poetry through different figurations of temporality in the works of one of Iran's foremost poets. Akhavan is placed in dialogue with European thinkers and emerges as an original voice in world literature. Chapters examine aspects of rhythm and metaphor, messianism and historicity, and functions of time in Akhavan's lyric and epic poems. Through a range of close readings Huber seeks to understand Akhavan's texts as crystallisations of a historical moment, both rooted in the Persian tradition and pointing beyond it. Her analyses combine attention to philological detail with meditations on the philosophical significance of Akhavan's poetics.
- Author BiographyMarie Huber, Ph.D. (2013), Harvard University, is Assistant Professor of Persian and Comparative Literature at Stanford University. Her research focuses on medieval and 20th century Persian literature, poetry and poetics, the intersections of literature with philosophy and ethics, and comparative mysticism.
- Author(s)Marie Huber
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleIran Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight402 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.