All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionMemory plays an integral part in how individuals and societies construct their identity. While memory is usually considered in the context of a stable, unchanging environment, this collection of essays explores the effects of immigration, forced expulsions, exile, banishment, and war on individual and collective memory. The ways in which memory affects cultural representation and historical understanding across generations is examined through case studies and theoretical approaches that underscore its mutability. Memory and Migration is a truly interdisciplinary book featuring the work of leading scholars from a variety of fields across the globe. The essays are collaborative, successfully responding to the central theme and expanding upon the findings of individual authors. A groundbreaking contribution to an emerging field of study, Memory and Migration provides valuable insight into the connections between memory, place, and displacement.
- Author BiographyJulia Creet is an associate professor in the Department of English at York University. Andreas Kitzmann is an associate professor in the Department of Humanities at York University.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAndreas Kitzmann,Julia Creet
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.