Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionMen in the Bible is the result of the Seminar in Biblical Characters in Three Traditions of the International Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting that was held at St. Andrews University, Scotland, in 2013. This volume brings together the best papers presented at the Seminar in the form of formal essays. These treat such biblical issues as the profession of the shepherd; the lawgiver; the trickster; fathers and sons; relations among relatives; marriage; inheritance; interpreting prophets; judgeship as leadership; and Jesus being compared to Moses and his brother, Aaron, in terms of priesthoods. The reader will return to this volume often during their study of the Bible and the male's role within it. These unique essays are provided by scholars from Israel, Canada, Northern Ireland, the USA, and South Africa. Each contributor brings a unique perspective and skill to the subject of Men in the Bible.
- Author BiographyJohn T. Greene is Emeritus Professor of Religious Studies and Middle East Archaeology, and Research Scholar at Michigan State University, where he taught for twenty-six years before retiring in 2007. He is Program Unit Chairperson of the Annual International Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature's Seminar in Biblical Characters in Three Traditions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) and in Literature.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication24/03/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byJohn T. Greene
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.